Saturday, July 17, 2010

Federal DADT Trial: Log Cabin Republicans vs. United States

On July 13th, a federal trial commenced in U.S. District Court, Central California, pitting the Log Cabin Republicans (LRC) [Plaintiff] against the United States of America [Defendant], in an attempt to have the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) policy declared unconstitutional.

I had been reviewing the daily transcripts and posting snippets of them to the Prop 8 Trial Tracker Blog, but as they are not following this trial, I felt it was probably inappropriate for me to attach lengthy posts to whatever thread was currently active.  No one complained, but still...

In addition, their commenting system makes it impossible to go back and correct mistakes in comments (and I've made a few).  So, instead, I will post these summaries on this blog, and let the people on the P8TT site know where to look for those that are interested in this subject.

The transcripts I am using are being made available on the LRC site here.

I recommend reading them directly if you are interested.  On this blog, I will only provide highlights as well as a direct link to the PDF transcript on the LRC website.

My next two posts will be essentially a cut and paste of what I already posted on the P8TT site, for completeness (and a few bug fixes that I could not correct on the P8TT site).

It takes quite some time to wade through these transcripts, so there will be delays from when the day's court has ended, when the transcripts become available from LRC, and when I get time to read them and provide some highlights.  There are usually 3 PDF's per day of court, though I will not necessarily provide a post for each one, nor will I necessarily post for each day.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment